Fowler Park and Cunningham Field ... Home of all Torero Baseball Camps


Fowler Park and Cunningham Field opened its doors on February 15, 2013, and serves as the state-of-the-art home to USD baseball more

Univ. of San Diego (CA) Camps Frequently Asked Questions:

Do you offer transportation to and/or from camp?

We do not offer transportation to or from camp.


Where does my camper eat during camp?

All camps will dine in Main Dining. They offer a variety of menu items, including a salad bar, fresh fruits, and vegetarian selections. Campers are offered unlimited helpings.


What is the supervision during camp?

An experienced staff of resident counselors/coaches provide round the clock supervision. Counselors/Coaches live in the resident halls with the campers. We offer a 1-10 counselor/camper ratio. A 10:00 pm curfew is strictly enforced. For coed camps, the boys and girls are housed in separate resident halls.


Can my camper request his/her roommate?

Resident campers stay in the USD residence halls with separate buildings for boys and girls, two (2) to a room. Campers may request roommate preference on the registration form.

A sincere effort is made to honor all roommate requests. If no preference is indicated the counselors will assign a roommate of the same age and camp. Roommates must request each other to be accommodated.


What if my camper needs to leave camp early?

We prefer that campers not leave campus during their camp experience. Should a camper have to leave campus for any reason, parents must complete a Parental Consent Form stating time of departure and return.

If someone other than the parent will be taking a camper off campus, parents must state that the designated individual is authorized by parents or legal guardian to take the camper off campus. Before leaving USD, parent or designated individual must sign camper out with the coach of his/her camp.


Are cell phones permitted during camp?

While cell phones are welcome at camp, their use will be restricted to the hours of 8:00-10:00pm. Use of phones during sessions will not be permitted. The University of San Diego is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen phones.


What if my camper is injured during camp?

In case of an emergency, the University will contact the parent immediately. If the parent/guardian cannot be reached, the University has authorization for emergency medical care granted on the Medical Form.

If the medical staff determines that a camper is unable to participate in activities, parents must make arrangements to have their camper return home.


My camper is currently take medications, do I need to bring them to camp?

Do not pack any medications, including non-prescription medications or vitamins, in your campers luggage. Prescription drugs must be in the original containers, in a zip-lock bag, labeled with the camper’s name.

Please provide complete, written directions on dosage and frequency of all medications. Medications will be dispensed by the athletic trainers only.


What if my camper becomes homesick?

Homesickness can be a normal and positive developmental phase. Our staff is trained to identify symptoms of homesickness and help campers overcome it.

If your camper should experience homesickness, do not panic. If you talk with your camper, avoid telling him/her you will come pick him/her up. Encourage your camper to succeed in conquering homesickness, and remind him/her of all the opportunities camp has to offer. If necessary, contact the camp office, we will be happy to help your child in any way we can to complete the camp. A counselor will follow up on your child’s progress and report back to you. In cases of homesickness or voluntary withdrawal, no refunds will be issued.


Does my camper need additional money during camp?

There is a camp store for campers who desire additional drinks and snacks. For campers wishing to purchase an evening snack, pizza orders will be taken during the afternoon break and deliveries scheduled for 8:00pm.


USD Sports Camp Tax Information

USD Federal ID number is 95-2544-535. The address is 5998 Alcala Park San Diego, CA 92110. Call the camp office for a receipt if needed at 619-260-2999. For tax information, please contact the IRS or your personal accountant.


Will I receive a camp confirmation?

Yes! You will receive an email confirmation confirming you are enrolled along with details of where to check-in, what to bring, etc.


What if I need to cancel my registration?

Our Refund Policy is a $75 per-session cancellation fee for ALL cancellations made at least two weeks prior to the first day of camp.

If cancellation, for any reason including medical, is made within two weeks of the camp, there is a $150 cancellation fee. All cancellations must be submitted in writing prior to the first day of camp. No refunds will be given upon expulsion or voluntary withdrawal from camp. No credit will be issued.