Intro To Bio-Kinetic Hitting
Ages: Grades 8-12
Location: Vancouver Sports Facility-Vancouver, WA
Monday, January 20, 2014
Starts: 9:00am / Ends: 3:00pm
Camp Cost: $145.00
Diamond Camps and Bio-Kinetics Inc., an independent motion analysis company, are partnering to provide you with exclusive research information of the best hitters in baseball. Using data collected from 3D motion-analysis of the best Major League hitters, you will learn the following:
• Why the best hitters in the game are the best
• The components of their swings that make them consistently successful
• What is important in an efficient swing and what is not
• How to make more consistent contact
• How to maximize bat speed to hit the ball harder and farther
• How to properly adjust to different pitch speeds and locations
• How to sync your swing with pitchers more consistently
• And more...
During the camp, your swing will be computer-analyzed using 2D software, and compared to the best Major League hitters. For future reference, you will leave the camp with a handout illustrating the important aspects of the swing and drills to practice on your own.
"The Bio-Kinetics, Inc. research information is the foundation to our offensive approach at Oregon State. The study of the swings of the best hitters in baseball in a computer generated three-dimensional motion analysis during actual major league games has helped us understand how the body works, especially using the lower half to generate bat speed and to create a more consistent swing path.
This helps the hitters make the adjustments that all have to make to hit at this level of competition and gives them the best chance to succeed in professional baseball also. The researched information, when understood and applied, will help young hitters reach their full potential offensively, and eliminate assumptions and myths that are currently in the game of baseball."
Pat Casey, Head Baseball Coach, Oregon State University
2006 and 2007 National NCAA Champions
• Instructors are current college coaches, professional players and scouts
• Camps involve computerized video analysis along with an abundance of practice repetitions
• Limited camp size and low instructor-to-camper ratio to ensure the best learning environment possible
20% off for each sibling who registers. Use Promo Code DIA20
Take 33% off the cost of a second camp, after registering for a different camp in the same location. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the promo code.
What to bring:
• Baseball attire (climate controlled setting)
• Turf shoes / trainers
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.
Individual check-in, warm-up, and workout times will be assigned one week prior to the event
Vancouver Sports Facility
11006 NE 37th Cr., Suite 100, Bldg 3
There will be a one-hour lunch break from 1130am - 1230pm.
Questions regarding Diamond Baseball Camps? Contact 208-539-6622 or e-mail email@example.com