Baylor Baseball Summer Team Camp
HS Teams Welcome (Limit 3 Teams)
Location: Baylor Ballpark-Waco, TX
Friday, July 21, 2017 to Saturday, July 22, 2017
Camp Cost: $2,000.00
This is a great way for teams to get some extra work for their summer ball season.
Teams can bring as many or as few players as they would like for this camp. Teams will be evaluated, ran through defensive and hitting stations, take batting practice, infield/outfield, play two games, and get on field coaching by Baylor Coaching Staff and Players. Umpires and game balls will be provided.
$2,000.00 per Team
Balls: Game balls will be provided. Each team is responsible for retrieving foul balls during the game. All game balls should be returned to the third base dugout.
Umpires: Umpires will be provided for each game.
Housing: Each team will be responsible for finding housing or other accommodations. Coaches are responsible for their teams at all times.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are on your own as a team.
Each player/team will need to bring their own equipment (catcher's equipment, bats, gloves, helmets, etc). We will provide baseballs and water during the camp.
Parents: Parents and friends of participants are welcome and urged to attend tournament games and practice sessions. Admission will not be charged for any events.
Transportation: Each team is responsible for transportation to each location for the duration of the tournament.
Note: Baylor University Certified Athletic Trainer will be on-site for entire camp.
• Games are 9 innings or long enough to see all your pitchers. We will work together if we need to shorten or lengthen the games.
• Teams will have access to locker room and showers at the conclusion of camp.
• There is no trophy for the winner of this camp. We are here to evaluate and teach. We will play games so we can teach the game better and get a better idea of what your kids can do in game situations.
• Each team is allowed an unlimited number of EH'S
• Courtesy Runner may be used for pitcher and catcher
• Re-enter at anytime
• Any player or coach guilty of malicious contact or poor conduct will be ejected from that game.
• Profanity will not be tolerated and may cause immediate suspension.
• The time limit will be in effect regardless of number of innings played.
• No pitch limit will be enforced during the tournament. However, we do ask that all coaches use sound judgment in regards to the number of innings pitched by each player on their staff.
• A mandatory slide rule will be enforced.
• The HOME TEAM will be the second team listed on the schedule.
• To expedite the games all umpires calls are final. Hustle on and off the field between innings.
Day 1: Friday, July 21
01:00pm ... Check in at Baylor Ballpark (Sullivan Room)
01:30pm ... Dynamic Warm-up/Stretch
02:00pm - 05:00pm ... Skill Evaluations
1. 60's - everyone (outfield)
2. Defensive and throwing evaluations
a. Outfielders (RF)
b. Infielders (SS)
c. Catchers (home plate)
3. Hitting Stations
a. Hit on field (Team 1)
b. Cages (Team 2)
c. Defense/Shag (Team 3)
5:00pm - 5:30pm ... Strength Training/Nutrition Seminar
5:30pm ... Dinner Break
7:00pm ... Game 1- Team 1 vs. Team 2
..... Team 3 Defense and Hitting Stations
Day 2: Saturday, July 22
9:30am - 11:30am ... All teams- Defense and Offensive Drills
11:30am - 1:00pm ... Lunch Break
01:00pm ... Recruiting/Academics Seminar (Coach Mike Taylor) - Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend
2:00pm ... Game 2- Team 3 vs. Team 1
..... Team 2 Defense and Hitting Stations
5:00pm ... Game 3- Team 2 vs. Team 3
..... Team 1 Defense and Hitting Stations
Check in starts at 1:00pm
Camp Waiver Information
Be sure to sign and return the forms. They may be hand carried with you to the first day of camp. Your camper will not be able to participate without the forms in the possession of Baylor Baseball Camp LLC.
All Forms need to be filled out and brought to camp (Form D & Medical Release Waiver)
Download Waiver Form
Baylor Ballpark - 1612 S University Parks Dr. - Waco, TX 76706
Lunch will NOT be provided for this session. Please bring one from home.
This is not an "overnight" camp. Players traveling from out of town will be responsible for securing their own accommodations.
Airport Pick-up / Drop-off Information
Transportation to and from Baylor Baseball Camp will not be provided. Please make transportation arrangements on your own.
Baylor University Baseball merchandise will be available for purchase at this event.
We do not offer refunds on canceled campers, just a future camp credit if you decide to cancel, but we do have what is called "Cancellation Protection".
We offer basic Cancellation Protection to allow participants some peace of mind in case plans change. This allows us to keep our prices low and provide the best service possible. Due at the time of registration, Cancellation Protection entitles you to a full refund of camp fees should you cancel your registration more than 14 days prior to the start of an overnight camp, and 7 days prior to the start of a day camp. If you cancel within 14 or 7 days of the start of your session, we will give you a camp credit for all money paid.
The credit is valid for three years from camp date at any of our camps, clinics or prospect events. Credit with insurance is transferable to family members or friends, and good toward a future camp.
For questions or for more information, contact us at Ruben_Noriega@baylor.edu or call 254.710-2769
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.